Where is the time flying to! I can't believe we are in May already, but that does mean we are on our way to Summer with longer days and warmer weather - bliss! Well my favourites this month are made up of some exciting new purchases and re-visiting some old favourites that I haven't used in a while. So here goes...
My hunt for the perfect black eyeliner has been a long and expensive one! I have longed to find the perfect true black liquid liner that is both easy to use and that lasts all day, similarly, I want a khol liner that is worn on my eyelid and not on my upper lid within seconds despite eye primers and powder. Well I am pleased with my favourites so far, with both high street and high end finds of both liquid and pencil...
|Image source: Pinterest|
Well my aim to write frequently is almost near impossible at the moment with working full time and looking after two young kids, however, it is my mission to ensure that I get at least one post written each week. I have promised myself that I will post every Sunday starting from today! So with that in mind and the fact that I have missed 3 months worth of favourites so far, I thought it best to review the products I have loved so far in 2015...
I have admired the work of Charlotte Tilbury for many years so I was super excited when she launched her own make-up collection last year. There are a few items that I have been lusting after for months and I finally decided to have a little splurge and treat myself to some items that I thought would add to my make-up collection...
Well I've finally managed to find some time to write a post after far too long! I started back at work in January after my maternity leave and things have been crazy busy since then. Oliver has pretty much been ill for the last six weeks since starting nursery - poor little man, and we have been a house full of the lurgy for the past couple of weeks. So what better way to make yourself feel better than to make your hair look great. Here are a few of my current must-haves to get my hair looking healthy and shiny...
I am always changing my makeup look, but the one thing that is consistent is that it is always simple and easy to apply. This is my current everyday makeup look that focuses on a dewy base...
I hope you like this simple look!
Get the Look:
- Add some Estee Lauder EE Creme and Clarins Beauty Flash Balm to the back of your hand. Dip your Real Techniques Expert Face Brush into both creams and apply to the face and neck in a buffing motion to ensure that the products are applied evenly to the skin.
- Apply Maybelline Eraser Eye Concealer under the eyes, around the nose and on any blemishes. Blend in using fingers or a Real Techniques Setting Brush.
- Apply Hourglass Dim Light to the area below your eyes, cheekbones and forehead using a Real Techniques Blush Brush.
- Brush through brows and apply the Loreal brow pencil with light strokes to fill in any spaces.
- Using an eyeshadow brush apply "Stark" to the eyelid, followed by "Cover" to the crease using a MAC 217 brush. Apply lightly and build up the colour to define the crease.
- Curl lashes using eyelash curlers.
- Draw a fine line along the upper lashline with the Eyeko skinny liner flicking it slightly at the ends to create a subtle cat eye.
- Apply a couple of coats of mascara to your top lashes only.
- Using the MAC Angled Face Brush apply the contour shade from the Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze and Glow palette to the area below your cheekbones, around the edges of your forehead and along your jawline.
- Apply blush to the apples of your cheeks.
- Lightly dip your blush brush into the highlight side of the Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze and Glow palette and apply to your cheekbones, down the centre of your nose and on your cupid's bow.
- Finish off the look with a slick of NYX Butter Gloss in Creme Brulee for a natural lip.
I hope you like this simple look!